Monday, May 31, 2010

"LAUGH"

~Laughter is an instant vacation. ~Milton Berle

~What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul. ~Yiddish Proverb


Hands down, or in the air, or holding my sides...laughing is my favorite thing to do! Laughter is a universal language; no one needs Rosetta Stone to understand it. I'll take it anyway I can get it, watching giggling girls chicken fight in the pool, listening to my son crack up in the darkness of a movie theater, the perfect delivery of sarcasm...I'm not picky. Sometimes just hearing a person laugh makes me chuckle! One of my BFF's owns a laugh that can be heard from a distance, a long distance. Once, while on vacation, I was off on one side of the resort when all of a sudden I heard a burst of familiar laughter...from the pool. I could not stop cracking up! She did not believe me at first but it's now become our own little joke...I'm like a dolphin with echolocation, I can find that girl anywhere! This past week I was supposed to get together with "the girls" for a Sex and the City birthday celebration. I'd spent the whole day preparing for it and then had to cancel because the weather was so bad...I was so mad! I wasn't mad about missing the movie, I've never even seen SATC...I was mad because I was going to miss all of the laughing and these girls never disappoint!!! Whenever we get together waterproof mascara is a must. I was looking forward to having well-defined abdominals the next day...at least until my first meal. I am a lucky girl to be blessed with so many friends whom have a gift of "the giggles." Laughter can make an awkward moment bearable, it can turn tears of sorrow into tears of joy, it can lighten a heavy load. It truly is the best medicine. Really, it gives you an endorphin rush! So if you're feeling down, call a friend for a good laugh, pop in a funny, senseless movie like Dumb & Dumber or look in the mirror and laugh with yourself...it's probably what gave you all those little lines to begin with!

~Seven days without laughter makes one weak. ~Mort Walker

~“The human race has only one really effective weapon and that is laughter.” Mark Twain

1 comment:

  1. Laughter is the best medicine~
    You are such a great writer...You remind me of what I need right now! I good laugh with my BFF! LOve you sista, keep on bloggin'

    ReplyDelete