Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"LOVE"

I love many things...the sun, which I miss dearly, "Oh, Mr. Sun I am anxiously awaiting your warmth & splendor and you have seriously let me down this year."

I love my friends...their passions inspire me and their ability to make me laugh is my sanity!

I love my family...I could write a book and people would think it was fiction, but it wouldn't be!

I love my husband...for having a dream and never giving up on it and now watching it become reality.

I love that God has a plan for me...and the fact that all of the ups & downs are, in the end, blessings to make me stronger.

But my greatest love lies within the hearts of three...my children. I love so many things about them, and they each have their own little quirkiness I adore. I have seen them grow so much in the past six months and the thing I love the most is their confidence! My kids have always been confident, but the security I see within them now is different. It is a confidence that comes from facing challenges and conquering them on your own, by making your own choices, applying learned knowledge and witnessing answered prayer.

Amazing love is...watching your 6th grader be true to herself and not falling to the pressures of a world pushing her to grow up so fast. Seeing my 10 year old embrace a sport and feeling the power her body possesses. And my baby...too tall to cradle in my lap, but a hand that fits within my hands as he sleeps...no longer crying when daddy travels but becoming the "man of the house" in charge of taking care of mommy and his sisters. I am a proud momma.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, that is so beautiful! The part about the kids brought tears to my eyes as I started to read it...then when I came to the part about Jakey, those tears started to streeeam down my cheeks! I am soooo on the same page as you with that right now, and your description was so touching. I love you Miss Ami!

    ReplyDelete